Was calculated with a Sekonic spot meter, spotted off the skin - not the brightest patches but more mid tone values. Using the Astia 100, I set ISO to 200 to overexpose by one stop. Exposure was 1/125 second at F2.4 The Velvia, being a stop darker, required 1/60 second at F2.4.
A single fresnel 300W positioned behind an upright in the house so as to cast a shadow. Even studio light is generally boring to me. Light was set at about 45 degrees to the model and positioned about 3 - 4 metres away.
I opened the back of the camera in indoor ambient light just after the film was wound free of the spool (about three cranks to go). This produced the light leaks you see across the roll of film ( not so visible on the contact sheet due to black point being set).
Home made painter’s canvas.
I use a Jobo TBE2 tempering unit to to accurately get the 38 degrees C required for the C41 process. Chemicals are Tetenal. Development time was 4 minutes and then standard times for Blix, Wash and Stabiliser.
The first thing I always do with film scans is set the black point using the black eyedropper of the levels control in PS on the black film edge. This time I didn’t do that, preferring the higher key look. The contact sheet does have the black point set, and you can see the general effect on the palette from doing that. It tends to bring the colours ‘into line’.
Some dust spotting and voila.